We got up fairly early - I was super excited to get on the road and finally make it to my new home. So we got ready, grabbed breakfast, and hit the road. We drove for 4-5 hours (stopping for gas as needed). Then, at last, we made it to San Fran! It was so very exciting. We got to my new apartment and met some of the people currently staying there.
![]() |
| floor plan of our little apartment - mostly accurate |
Some UMW (and CCC) alum are visiting Loy and Christine at their apartment. It just so happens that Katie and I arrived on the same day they did. So we're all hanging out together at my new place. The good part about this is I get to see some friends - always nice. The not so great part is there are currently 8 people staying in the apartment so there's not a whole bunch of space for me to unpack into. I'm not too fussed - everyone is flying out by Monday. Even Loy is leaving for a week (she's going to a wedding), so I'll have much more space soon. Basically, I'm not unpacking, rather I'm continuing to live out of my suitcase as though I'm staying at a hotel. But I did get my key, so I officially live here, hurray!
After everyone assembled for the evening we headed out to a sushi party. It was quite a cool idea - the host provided the rice (made in a rice cooker, I'm going to get one of those when I'm rice and famous too), the seaweed, and the bamboo roller things, the guests provided the fillings.
Christine's birthday is soon, so we also had cake for her. It was really nice to hang out with the UMW kids, and to meet some new people (school friends of Christine). Since the UMW alum were still on east coast time we headed back early. Katie and I wrote our blog posts and turned in for the night.
Although the road trip is officially over, we're going to do some touristy things tomorrow. So I'll have at least one more post.
Day's map


No comments:
Post a Comment