This is the very last post for the road trip.
Today we got a slow start - there are 8 of us in the group, and some of us are a little jet lagged. Loy made us pancakes for breakfast (thanks Loy!). Then we chilled some more, took turns using the one and only bathroom, packed up, and headed out for the day.
First we drove across the Golden Gate Bridge. I had seen it before when I came over winter break, but we all took photos with the bridge in the background and enjoyed it.
Next stop was Muir Woods. I've never been there before and I definitely enjoyed it. The main path is plank wood and has multiple smaller paths branching off it. We stayed on the main path, but I'm hoping to see more of the rest of the forest in future. The trees are really big (they're redwoods), but, to be honest, they were a bit smaller than I expected. I've seen pictures of groups of 10 people trying to encircle a tree and not being able to. Apparently those trees are in a different forest further north. But fun fact: most of The Return of the Jedi was filmed in Muir Woods.
Finally, some of the group headed to the beach (which was apparently very cold), but Christine, Katie, and I headed back to the apartment (Christine had a diner she had to get to). After I drove Christine to her dinner, Katie got her stuff together to fly out and we watched a movie. Once everyone was home we headed out to meet some of Christine's econ friends. At last we all headed to bed.
Katie's flight is tomorrow, and I start moving everything from my car to my new apartment.
3 weeks and about 3,000 miles - it really has been a wonderful road trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment