Wednesday, June 8, 2011

To Bakersfield

Nothing eventful happened today.  We checked out of the hotel as late as possible.  Then we got breakfast from Starbucks (which was in the hotel/resort) and hit the road. We had a five hour drive through a bit of Nevada and got to California.  At the border to CA we were stopped for an "inspection" - they asked us if we had any pets and then waved us through.  I generally think we would have been able to hide a small dog in the back where the boxes were.  But we didn't have any dogs in the back (sadly...), so we'll never know.  Then we drove some more in CA.  Finally we got to Bakersfield, which is insignificant (as far as the trip is concerned) except that it is almost precisely halfway between Vegas and San Francisco.  Once there we grabbed a quick dinner and watched some movies on Netflix.

Oh yeah, I'm going to be in San Fran TOMORROW!  I can't believe it!


Day's map

No comments:

Post a Comment